Friday, June 22, 2012

My Thesis: Technology and Low-Income Communities: An Interior Design Model that Fosters an Integrated Environment for Education, Community, and Technology


I am featuring elements from my thesis that I recently finished for my M.F.A. degree at SCAD-Atlanta.
Thesis Statement
Teenagers from low-income families are currently at great disadvantage in this digital
world. To provide this socioeconomic and under-served age group with essential social
connections, skills and opportunities, an education resource center model focused on solutions to
correct the digital disparity by connecting this community at large. The center will assist them in
learning how to use technology to help them become creative thinkers, and invent new
opportunities and identities for themselves and their community.


No comments:

Post a Comment